George Russell has been fined €5000
George Russell has been fined €5000 for throwing his headrest onto the track after retiring from the Canadian Grand Prix. This fine is suspended for 12 months, meaning he does not have to pay it immediately unless he commits a similar offense during that period. Russell expressed embarrassment over his actions and apologized to the stewards.
Mercedes’ George Russell was left in “disbelief” following his dramatic retirement from the Canadian Grand Prix, stating he felt like “somebody doesn’t want me to fight for this championship.”
Prior to Russell’s retirement, fans at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve were gripped by the thrilling tussle for the win between the Mercedes drivers, continuing a battle that was also seen in Saturday’s Sprint.
However, with Antonelli going on to take his fourth Grand Prix victory on the bounce it leaves Russell 43 points behind his championship rival ahead of the next round in Monaco.
Despite the bitter disappointment with the way his Canadian Grand Prix weekend ended, Russell did take heart from his performances, and the battle with his teenage team mate, as well as the way he responded to his "doubters".
“Yeah, I loved the battle,” he said. “I was happy with how I handled it, how I drove and I'm just pleased with the weekend in terms of my own personal performance.
“There were a lot of doubters maybe after Miami and a lot of chat, but I know what I can do. Pole in the Sprint, win the Sprint, pole in Qualifying, leading the race.
“Hard battles, I really loved the battle and I wanted to continue for 30 more laps. I would have loved to see how it would have panned out but here we are.”
#F1 #CanadianGP #maxverstappen #georgerussell #mercedesf1
Twitter X: @cbdoilRSA
Face Book : Wild Side Safari
Tik Tok : Wild Side Safari
Instagram: @ercwnsa
http://ercwn.blogspot.com
#EastRand #CrimeWatch #SportsNews #SchoolSportsNews

Comments
Post a Comment